Labels

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Surrey,London and More

Today Angela and I walked the streets of old London town. We went to Liberty shop and had a lovely browsing time not buying browsing!!! Cant believe they had a beautiful Christmas Grotto so ooohed and aahhed over beautiful decorations even if they are a bit early!!!

We went to The National Gallery yesterday and loved the beautiful paintings. Hard to stand in front of a Constable and Reynolds and not feel overwhelmed!! Angela loved a horse painting by Stubbs and took home a souvenier of this. Unfortunately I hurt my knee in London so I am limping a bit with a support bandage but its not stopping me much---jsut slowing me down!!

Tonight Brenda and I have a last night in London and we are doing a dinner cruise on the Thames-----should be a good way to farewell London. Tomorrow we are off to Rome so I'm not sure how internet connections will go!! I found Europe was bad for internet with poor service in holtels----or most hotels----unless you wanted to pay massive ammounts for downloads!! I'll leave with some fond memories of Angela and my time in Suffrey.
Angela and Derek
Last glimpse of St.Pauls.

No comments:

Post a Comment