Labels

Friday, August 13, 2010

Oban-Mull-Iona-Tobermory

Today we travelled by ferry to the Island of Mull. The scenery we passed was very beautiful with a castle, lighthouse and many small boats along the way. When we landed on Mull we caught a bus to the ferry for Iona. again passing incredible scenery along the way. The island of Iona is very special---historically and spiritually. The monks here wrote the Book of Kells before they had to move it to Kell when they came under attack. The MOnastry and Abbey are wonderful buildings and there are still pilgrims staying at Iona to this day. The photos here are so great its hard for me to pick a good one.
I loved Iona----the wild beauty of the Island and the history but more importantly the feeling of peace and spitituality that pervades this island. We then travelled to Tobermory but that's tomorrows story.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I will email a longer email soon - I had the problem of only being able to send skymesh emails when I was away, till I made a hotmail address! Love your pictures of Mull, or are they Iona? Sigh.... did you get the newsletter that I sent yesterday? I was at Quoll today,..zzzzzzz. So just checking in, making sure you are having a wonderful time, and I am enjoying it through you! love, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz I feel so sad that I cant email you but I may have a way around it. I will let you know. My computer man said he will forward eamilas for me so long way round but would be good for you as I so miss writing to you!! I just pretend I am writing to you when I do the blog. Cant believe you put our photos in newsletter!! Famous now!! Love SUEXX

    ReplyDelete