Labels

Friday, August 6, 2010

Connemara National Park

Today we drove to WEstport through Connemara National Park. It was raining quite hard at times but the country was so spectacular. Swirling mists over high mountain ranges and beautiful lakes with mist above them. We passed through Joyce Country and the mountains we saw were the Maamturk Mountain Range. When we arrived in Westport it was pouring with rain but such a pretty town.I loved this day and the weather added to the beauty and mystery that surrounds Ireland.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Ooooeeeee, how wonderful are these photos. Did you get a photo or two or three at Tara? I am amazed that there aren't remnants of the ancient kings residences there. I just knew you would be guided to drop in there, and didn't realise that there was a town of Slane - I work with my meditation at the Well of Slane, and knew there is a river of Slane, near Tara.
    So today you are on to Killarney? We camped in a paddock there back in 1967!!!
    Did you receive the email that I sent to you?
    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, love, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Liz your emails are coming in fine I just cant answer them. I cant answer any that arnt Big Pond!! Love this driving around Ireland. Newgrange is a much more popular area than Tara as it has been escavated. Tara is a"spititual" place ----Newgrange is the Passage tomb. Off to view the town now!! Think your camping spot may be gone!! LOve SUEXX

    ReplyDelete